Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Departure from bs7671 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. sparkymatt1987

sparkymatt1987 Guest

Would cables not clipped causing them to sag be a departure from bs7671

2. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

No, that would be a defect, an ommision or non-compliance.

3. sparkymatt1987

sparkymatt1987 Guest

Ok thanks. I sometimes get lost with what is a departure from bs7671

4. sparkymatt1987

sparkymatt1987 Guest

So am I right in sayin I shouldn't be putting anything in the 'details of departures from bs7671' when doing an electrical installation certificate for the addition of a new circuit as the certificate is covering the work I have done and what I have done does comply?

5. IQ Electrical

IQ Electrical Electrician's Arms

Check out Regulation 120.3

6. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

A departure is something that is intended by the designer, does not comply with the Regulations, but the designer attest will offer the same degree of safety as would be achieved by compliance with the Regulations.
    For example:
    If changing a CU where there is no CPC on the lighting circuit, the advice given in the ESC BPG is to install a 30mA RCD, use class II fittings andplace a warning at the CU.
    Such would be a departure.
    Anything else would either require rectification before the Certificate was issued, or a note in the section for comments on the existing installation.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012