Discuss Derating Factors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DominicB

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Might be a silly question but getting really confused.
Table 4D5 for choosing cable size for different installation methods, does this already have de-rating factors applied for the different methods? If so, then if you calculated your current capacity using specific de-rating factors which table do you use?

I'm not sure I've understood you correctly but yes, those are the ccc values for that installation method. There are different installation methods detailed in other spots, e.g. Table 4A2.
Does that help?

Each column has the cable rating applicable for that particular method of installation.
So there is no need to apply further derating for say, a cable in conduit in an insulated wall, just use the value given in the table.
However there may be a need to consider additional derating factors such as grouping and ambient temperature that would be combined with the tabulated value to give a final current carrying capacity.

Reply to Derating Factors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All I would appreciate some help with a few questions here regarding cables sizing, I'm using the latest 18th edition, amendment 2. Q1...
Replies
Views
I'm currently doing my cable calcs for my college project and was wondering if the rating factors Cs and Cd would apply for the circuits installed...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
I have a 37KW motor and need to replace some burnt out 35mm2 tri rated cable(loose connection). I’ve looked at 25mm2 Tri rated cable the data...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock