Discuss Design of consumer units for amendment 3 in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can see different manufacturers will have their own interpretations and supply what they think is right , I heard the mention of wiska glands being used by some , I and others will just see what happens when it comes to it ...

The new amendment mentions nothing about cable entries into distribution boards over what has already been in previous versions of BS7671.

I like the look of the Hagar boards.
I do believe they come with grommet strips (could be wrong).
They are made to be able to use different size trunking with the knock outs so that satisfies the IP issues and as said previously there is no provision needed to make the entries "fire sealed" as this is not mentioned in the new regulations.
Leesparky states the Beema reference which makes it clear what needs to be made and installed.
Also the cable clamps only come with the 30 version I think (could be wrong again) but sure it could be used in the 10 version.
The tails kit are great, used them for ages but it looks like they will not be used in the new boards.

I really don't think they are going to change the meaning of English words though.

Is is this better from the Oxford dictionary:

Made of material that does not burn if exposed to fire; incombustible.

That's no specific enough for this application of the phrase, the temperature the material is going to be exposed to needs to be defined.
Steel will burn if exposed to fire of sufficient temperature,

I really don't think they are going to change the meaning of English words though.

Is is this better from the Oxford dictionary:

Made of material that does not burn if exposed to fire; incombustible.

That's no specific enough for this application of the phrase, the temperature the material is going to be exposed to needs to be defined.
Steel will burn if exposed to fire of sufficient temperature,

no, fire MIGHT cause steel to oxidize, depending on the alloy, but think of steel as a block of ice. Steel melts at 2800 degrees F and boils and evaporates at 5400 degrees. Some metals like magnesium can possibly catch fire but not steel

The IEE cannot just redefine the English language.

no, fire MIGHT cause steel to oxidize, depending on the alloy, but think of steel as a block of ice. Steel melts at 2800 degrees F and boils and evaporates at 5400 degrees. Some metals like magnesium can possibly catch fire but not steel

The IEE cannot just redefine the English language.

Leave steel in a forge for too long and it will be burning when you pull it out.

Reply to Design of consumer units for amendment 3 in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net