Discuss Desperately Looking for work in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I’m a relatively newbie (6 months experience) and desperately looking for work as a mate (or anything electrical)
I’m based in Birmingham have my own tools and transport.
It’s very difficult to convince anyone to give me a chance - no one wants to know.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I have thanks spinlondon but not even getting anything back. I’ve resorted to sending out emails out to random companies asking for work!
I love the work but can’t seem to get my foot in the door.

I know T. Clarke have a Midlands branch.
Don’t know which Agencies they use, the London branch use First Step and Diamond.
You could try contacting T. Clarke directly, if not for a permanent position then to find out which Agencies they use.
I know T. Clarke London take on apprentices, maybe T. Clarke Midlands do as well?

register with indeed. they send emails with vacancies. a lot are agency, but could get you a foot in the door.

Telectrix, I always get jobs from indeed and I apply for anything and everything but I seldom get a response from anyone. The ones I do get responses from usually tell me where to go

The best way mate is to look for electricians mate work, do you have a cscs card? If you keep sending your cv off to company's you will find something I use to send my cv off to nearly 100 company's a month at first to try and get some thing and it worked when I first started in the trade to try that just look online and find email addresses to company's near you. What's your cv like?

Hi Baker1988.
I do have a cscs card (albeit the basic one) and I’ve had my looked at by one of those CV companies.
My best guess is that it’s the lack of experience. It’s frustrating because I know I’m a grafter.
I guess I’ll have to spend many more hours at the computer sending out my CV to random companies.

Thanks mate

Reply to Desperately Looking for work in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net