Discuss Detection Cameras and switch lighting external - mlarge area to cover in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ianbrookes

No PIR suggestions please.

I have been asked to install a system which will detect intruders and switch the garden lighting on.

The garden is approx; 50m by 200m. Must work in night mode.

I am thinking camera detection as PIR's and other options are either to short in range and can give many false readings for smaller occurrences.

Anyone know of any good systems to do this ?

Thx.

Could use cctv to trigger a contactor, so long as the dvr has alarm out puts for motion detection & use camera via cat5/6 to cover furthest point in garden.

No PIR suggestions please.

I have been asked to install a system which will detect intruders and switch the garden lighting on.

The garden is approx; 50m by 200m. Must work in night mode.

I am thinking camera detection as PIR's and other options are either to short in range and can give many false readings for smaller occurrences.

Anyone know of any good systems to do this ?

Thx.

:rolleyes4: No PIRs eh? okay then haha

I would stick some PIRs in, they are OK if set up correctly. However if you don't want to use them then I would suggest infra red beams for boundary protection. I think cameras are going to be expensive as I am sure you will need illumination of some kind for the image change software to work.

Reply to Detection Cameras and switch lighting external - mlarge area to cover in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Apologies if this has been covered before and I‘ve not found it, but what’s the REAL range of quinetic switches? I want to install some bog-off...
Replies
Views
We just moved to a new house and there are few projects I'd like to do. There are 5 external PIR security lights, 3 at the back and 2 at the...
Replies
Views
As the user name states, I am not an electrician but I am trying to be an informed customer when dealing with a friendly local sparky and the...
Replies
Views
S
...that's now doing my head in... Basicaly i've got a set up where 2 external PIR sensors are turning on 2 outside 16w 2D lights. PIR's are wired...
Replies
Views
Swicade
S
Please take some time to read through this. It is written by Widdler's father. I found it on a governement website.. It certainly speaks my mind...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock