Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Dewalt 18v kits........................................... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    Was going to order a large dewalt kit before christmas but it was out of stock, just come across this set on screwfix and surprisingly well priced for the 3 tools plus torch, 3x 4ah batteries and charger. so ordered it instead as i need some new ones.
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-d...-piece-power-tool-kit/4296h?_requestid=595420

had a google and couldnt find it cheaper elsewhere so if you are vat registered and looking for a good value kit then this at £375.00 ex Vat / 449 inc Vat is a bargain.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson Let us light up your life! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Brite Spark Electrical
    I love my Dewalt stuff. Would love a flexvolt sds lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gavin John Hyde

Business Name:
    I read online they can use existing 18v batteries to save buying new but eitherway the new 54v sds does look very good

4. Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson Let us light up your life! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Brite Spark Electrical
    The flexvolt battery is backwards compatible. So runs at 2.0ah, 3.0ah and 12.0ah as flexvolt 54v batteries.

Then 6.0, 9.0 and 12.0ah as 18v batteries, I have 4x 2.0/6ah flexvolt batteries and 2x 18v 5ah and 2x 4ah batteries but no flexvolt tools, YET lol

The 18v doesn’t like chasing much, I’m gonna have to leave mine in for chuck seals soon lol

5. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

It looks like a more low end Dewalt range. Probably a done for Screwfix/Kingfisher special hence why you couldn't find it cheaper elsewhere.

Personally I'd have spent a little bit more and went with brushless tools.

6. Gavin John Hyde

Business Name:
    Did consider that before buying, its end of line sale. Closest i came to online was about £70 more. i spend my days doing domestic still got a good selection of mains powered tools for heavy duty stuff. Have a titan mains sds and that thing chases excellent. Am in need of a cordless sds for drilling through walls and light chasing. Nothing too demanding. Got some jobs coming up with no onsite power.

7. ferg

ferg Electrician's Arms

Nothing wrong with the kit if you are using it for light duties.

I opted for the brushless stuff but paid a lot more for it.

No point in spending money on features you don't need.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yozza19

Yozza19 Regular EF Member

I have a full flex volt kit now honestly can’t beat it

• Like Like x 1
  9. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Heathen...... ;o))))

10. ferg

ferg Electrician's Arms

I said there was no point.... I didn't say I didn't do it. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    not keen on dewalt, perhaps because i don't like yellow stuff. that means no fluke MFT, i even repainted my hilmor bender. and i won'tbe using a JCB to demolish premises if i don't get paid on time.

12. Marti

Marti Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    Jigsaw Electrical Services
    When I started all my kit was DeWalt...old DeWalt; The DC9*** series that I had used solidly for decade and restored my first homes before it went on the van. It's all well past retirement and the NiCad batteries are a pain so... Much as I love the yeller'n'black I'm trying out a bit of brushless red'n'blue.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-...i-ion-ext-brushless-cordless-multi-tool/169fv

Too early to say if it's any good. the case is solid. The tool feels fine and, if it shapes up I'll add the rest of the set. If it dies, it has a 2 year warranty and I'm back to DeWalt or Makita. Anyone else tried 'em?

13. l4urence

l4urence Regular EF Member

I bought the 54v sds on a deal early last year - where I got another 54v battery - the drill came with 2, so 3 batteries. I can use them in all my dewalt 18v tools. Great bit of kit.

14. l4urence

l4urence Regular EF Member

The only thing missing is the little catch that held a spare bit, they appear to have dropped this from new designs which is a shame because I'm always looking for the damn bit I took out...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marti

Marti Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    Jigsaw Electrical Services
    I mis-read that first time and thought "Erbauer 54v - how did I miss that!" Oh the disappointment :)