Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss DeWalt DW087K Self-Leveling Line Laser in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. D80

D80 Guest

There is a newer model on the market now, but that seems to have only helped the DW087k drop in price. I bought mine after speaking to a few guys who use laser levels day in day out and they felt it was the best of the lot, can now get it for just over £100!

Great for marking downlights, backboxes etc when house bashing.

2. Dan the spark

Dan the spark Electrician's Arms

I wouldn't be without my laser level, used to get a bit of ribbing from the other trades when I got it out but when they saw how fast you could set a room out the soon gave up lol

3. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
  4. HandySparks

HandySparks Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    If you're really on a tight budget then get one of these. But, compared to the DeWalt, they're a toy. I know, I used to have one before spending the cash on the proper tool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

I used a Forge Steel laser to install my kitchen units and for the money it's a brilliant piece of kit. It's only drawback, is its tripod only extends to about 4 foot, so I had to put it on something else for horizontal lines above this height (e.g. light switches). Remember to wear laser safety googles!

Last edited: May 12, 2012