Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Dewalt Green Laser Level...Which One? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

I'm looking to add a Green Laser Level to the tool collection, but a little torn over which one to get.

I've had a Dewalt DW087K for years and it's still as accurate and good as the day I bought it. Like all red laser levels it struggles a bit in bright conditions.

I'm a little torn between 2 of Dewalts Green Laser offerings - the DW088CG and the DCE088D1G. The current red laser I use has battery life approx 40 hours, the green update it drops right off down to 16 hours, which is making me consider the 10.8v version and a 2nd battery as running costs are eliminated although initial costs are approx £100 more.

Any thoughts or suggestions on which to purchase?

RedvGreen.png

2. suffolkspark

suffolkspark Electrician's Arms

Why do you need more than 16hours battery life? Thats a long day!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wes1000

Wes1000 Regular EF Member

I’ve got the red version of the DW088CG and it’s a pretty good laser. Though I do like the look of the DEC088 but £240! Ouch!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

I guess cause I'll be using it for more than one day?o_O And over time that's going to be a lot more AA batteries required.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

I've the (older) red version of it in the DW087K, its class. Add a 2nd battery to the DCE model and it's £270. It could open up future Dewalt 10.8v tools as an option, but I'm over run with Makita 18v stuff so it's a tad unlikely.

6. Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson Let us light up your life! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Brite Spark Electrical
    I have the red multi line 3 way laser, it’s a 30hr battery life and I wish I had bought a 10.8v version.

So if it’s only 16 hours with the green line then I’d defo spend the extra, nothing worse than batteries dying and no spares and in the back of beyond to add insult to injury.

Let me know what you think of the green line compared to the red once you get it mate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. suffolkspark

suffolkspark Electrician's Arms

I didnt check either link assumed at that price it would be rechargable or something, thats crap battery life :(

8. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Hi - if they say 16 hours battery life, it might be a bit less in practice, just saying. Howe has the 10.8V one a bit cheaper too :) .

9. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    are these green line lasers more eco friendly than the red ones?:mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Phil Thompson

Phil Thompson Let us light up your life! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Brite Spark Electrical
    Tel, the red ones are virtually invisible in bright light and outdoors.

Green supposed to be more easy to see as it’s a more intense beam, hence the harder battery life.

11. JK-Electrical

JK-Electrical Politically Incorrect Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    JK Electrical
    I bought the DCE088D1G back in May and am mighty impressed with it. It easily surpasses anything that I've used in the past. The green beam is a huge improvement over the red. The rechargeable battery lasts ages between charges. £317.00 gets you the laser, carry-case and tripod. Money well spent. Highly recommended!

• Like Like x 1
  12. rapparee

rapparee Electrician's Arms

I think you should go for the fluke 368

;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    understand that. my laser sight on my .22 is green, but my work laser is red. it came with a set of red tinted sunglasses. can see it for miles with them on.

14. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

I ordered this laser this morning as I sat in the airport. I got an alert the price had dropped to £207 for the laser/battery/charger/storage box and thought it was too good to miss at that money.

I was blown away with how much brighter the green lasers are compared to the reds when I first saw one in action on site

• Like Like x 1
  15. static zap

static zap Regular EF Member

Our eyes are more sensitive to Yellow Green light
    (and Blue / UV does us more harm-More "Energetic")
    (a cheap green laser I picked up did have a short life
    rating in instructions )..but it was -Cheap-!