Discuss Dewalt or Milwaukee tools in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have a range of milwaukee tools - if retooling I'd reconsider and look into Bosch blue and DeWalt range.
Failures I've had;
- Mains/battery relay in jobsite radio
- Trigger switch in circular saw
- Clutch in brushed drill
- Electrics in brushless impact driver (common issue), causing switch issues
- Milwaukee branded battery failure after warranty period, 3 of 4 orig batteries failed.

Initially i bought Milwaukee as at the stage here in Australia, they hadn't 'taken off' and I didn't want the same gear as everyone else and the builders I worked with, they'd have used or knocked off my batteries... Now most ppl I work with have Milwaukee and by far in my opinion it's muc better than Makita gear which my boss uses, when I use it - it's underpowered and cheap feeling...

Batteries I've sourced from ebay have been half the price or less and hit/miss, when I get good cells (LG or Samsung) I've found the aftermarket batteries better than the supplied ones, they've lasted longer and in a couple of cases were actually manufactured in a better way in my opinion.

Looking forward, battery replacement price is an important issue, warranty coverage and claims (the ease of), for me I've had a choice of repairers and they've always done a good job, quickly, and not asked questions.

Try the tools out, feel them, try and actually use them in terms of driving some screws, drilling some holes etc then go from there is my suggestion! Good luck!

I have a Makita sds 18volt which I've never had a problem with and highly recommend. I also have a Milwaukee 12v fuel Impact drill which is one of the best and useful tools I've ever purchased but i must say i did have a problem with the trigger not functioning correctly which i sent off and drill was repaired and sent back to me within 7 days, might just have been a one off as a lot of other people highly recommend Milwaukee. That issue hasn't put me off though and i think eventually ill purchase some of there 18 volt products.

Can't remember if it was Dewault,Milwaukee, or Makita, or maybe "Rawlplug". Strange thing was, the batteries either went flat very quickly or could last some time , depending who was using it. Must of been a connection problem with them. Lol

Reply to Dewalt or Milwaukee tools in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net