Discuss Diagrams etc in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

timo

When carrying out a CU swap and you get to the check list of inspections and 9 or 10 times out of 10 there is no paperwork for the installation. Do you Tick, Lim, Cross ? :confused:

Thanks

Sorry not sure what you mean.

Not sure I understand......what paperwork do you mean??? previous certificates???

Sorry yeah prev.
On a CU swap only paper work is what i have provided (EIC) so no diagrams for when the install was done (25+ yrs ago)
So when completing the cert on the check list diagrams and paper work tick box would this be a Lim or a x or?

IMO I would put an x if you put lim that might be seen as paper work is present but limited whereas you have none at all

Chris

You cannot have a limitation for an Electrical Installation Certificate, so I would suggest that it is up to you to provide circuit charts/diagrams.

Sorry yeah prev.
On a CU swap only paper work is what i have provided (EIC) so no diagrams for when the install was done (25+ yrs ago)
So when completing the cert on the check list diagrams and paper work tick box would this be a Lim or a x or?

Could be it was done as a DIY or there where none issued with it being 25 years old or they have been losted over years.

X as there are none its not a Lim as it's not a limitation

As your changing the CU then in theory you should supply them

Last edited:
I can supply a rought sketch to as where the outlets and lighting is etc but no way can i provide cable routes etc...

an X it is then

You can't put a 'lim' or an 'x' on an EIC, only a tick or an 'n/a'. Any failures that would warrant an 'x' should be rectified before the cert is issued. So, in this case your choices are:

1. 'n/a' because diagrams/schedules etc. do not exist and therefore cannot be present by definition ;-)
2. a tick because you are providing a schedule of inspections and tests with your cert.
3. a tick and you spend an eternity drawing up plans and diagrams.

I'd suggest option 2 and ensure you also have the RCD test and next periodic due instruction labels on the CU!

Thanks ;)
Sounds more like it. I always use the stickers for RCD and next inspec times. Also RCD test results are on the results for both sides of the board

Reply to Diagrams etc in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net