Discuss Digital timer switch for lighting in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

You will not need a neutral at the digital timers switch contacts if you are single pole switching. However most digital timers require a supply (L&N) to power the electronics of the timer and to charge and maintain any back-up battery. I am not aware of any switching digital timer running on re-useable batteries, but I suspect that they exist. Or alternatively there must be a 1 way switch replacement that might be more convenient. Try a goggle search.
Update: I have found these, both replace a standard 1 way switch and therefore do not require a Neutral.
7 Day Digital Security Light Switch | Timeguard 2010
7 Day Electric Wall Switch Timer

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Digital timer switch for lighting in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Thanks for checking out my thread. The tenant renting my apartment has complained about high electricity usage. I offered we add a timer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm in the UK and have recently had a ducted extractor fan Mixflo 200W with timer fitted. The fan comes on with the pull cord and runs for...
Replies
Views
A few months ago I fitted a change over switch to an electric oven/hob and a converted to electric aga stove, stopping them being used at the same...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
My customer wants to be able to switch his heat pump (3.5kW) for his swimming pool on and off remotely, he also wants to be able to set times for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock