Discuss dilema in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bahco

ok

2 rooms next to each other in room A 2 1g switches, one for wall lights 1 for main light, room B 2 1g switches again, now in one of the swiches of room B they have took a permenant feed from the common from room A.

now in room A have done away with one of the switches and the other one is being moved, so basicaly is it ok to take a feed from the moved switch back to room A?

hope that makes sense lol

i cant take the feed from the other switch in the same room because its just been decorated, typical

thanks guys

are you saying you have one circuit feeding two rooms ?if so do as you like as long as it complies with regs, again its the simple one that confuses me

what im saying is ive got to rooms next to each other, the switches in each room are on the other side of the same wall, they have took a feed out of the common in one room to feed the switch in the other room, ive relocated the switches in the room which they took the power from, so i need to know if its best to take another feed from the switch which i have moved to the original switch in the other room.... god im confusing my self now

hope ive explained that ok

cheers

the only way i was thinking was the way i said, maybe i could take the feed off the pendant, but i just wanted to know if it was bad practise to do it that way

cheers

It isnt the best practice ,but in my book its ok ,sometimes you have to just do what you have to do ,any spark in the future will understand ,so dont worry about it
good luck

rum,youre assuming" loop in" what if there no permenant at the pendant?

Oi,thats what i said ,either is ok ,if its not a three plate system ,his origional idea will have to do ,however i am thinking now ,dangerous thinking i know but...if its not 3 plate ,is it a very old job? and presumably its just a single going to the light,this should be single and earth should it not?

Reply to dilema in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock