Discuss Dilog dl6507 beware! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

NDG Elecs

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just a word of warning to any one thinking of buying the above. Mine just failed calibration due to incorrect readings and being unable to adjust it to what it should be.

I rang Dilog calibration and they said that particular model was indeed not adjustable. So given the very low value readings it records it is a bit stupid that it can't be calibrated to what it should be.

Mine was rarely used, is a mere two years old and was protected from knocks really well.

I blame Eng54 wholly and completely as it was one of his posts from a while back that finally sold it to me! :wink::wink:

Bugger!

There must be some form of redress there surely. Is it fit for the purpose it was made for. The industry is well aware of calibration necessity. (Didn't say requirements deliberately lol.)

I have had similar issue with this model. I returned one as it was giving results that were clearly wrong. I had only had it for one year. The new one starting doing the same within 6 months, so i've given up on them.

It is much cheaper than other earth leakage clamp meters and I presume this is mirrored in its quality. Why is it so much cheaper?

I now use a fluke clamp meter which I trust and stick to IR testing when trying to look for earth leakage. Perhaps if my job entailed more hunting for earth leakage I would get a decent one but for the present I do not feel the need.

ps.. This model is also known as TM-EL9809

I have had similar issue with this model. I returned one as it was giving results that were clearly wrong. I had only had it for one year. The new one starting doing the same within 6 months, so i've given up on them.

It is much cheaper than other earth leakage clamp meters and I presume this is mirrored in its quality. Why is it so much cheaper?

I now use a fluke clamp meter which I trust and stick to IR testing when trying to look for earth leakage. Perhaps if my job entailed more hunting for earth leakage I would get a decent one but for the present I do not feel the need.

ps.. This model is also known as TM-EL9809
the thing with fluke is.

if they are willing to stick a lifetime warenty with 10 years on the lcd you know they are good quality

Just a word of warning to any one thinking of buying the above. Mine just failed calibration due to incorrect readings and being unable to adjust it to what it should be.

I rang Dilog calibration and they said that particular model was indeed not adjustable. So given the very low value readings it records it is a bit stupid that it can't be calibrated to what it should be.

Mine was rarely used, is a mere two years old and was protected from knocks really well.

QUOTE]

I've had my DL6507 for well over 4 years now, it has been regually calibrated on site and i've never had a single problem with it. It's carried around in it's holster on my belt on a daily basis, along with my Fluke 1000.... So what can i say!!

I'm pretty sure if there were problems with the TM-EL9809 rebadged version, test-meter would be well aware of it by now. Maybe you could contact them to find out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for responses.

Just checked and I only got it last February. Ar5e! Think I will send an email to Dilog and see if they are ' measurably better'..... That's their slogan! I concur with you Ruston about the need for calibration. I did get it calibrated last April ok. Presumably it was within tolerances so nothing to try and adjust as it were.

Think I will have to, ahem, overcharge a few clients to get myself a Fluke or Megger!!

I think I may have mollycoddled mine by the sounds of it. Should have had it slung on my hip like you Eng!

At least my trusty MFT is ok.

Thanks for responses.

Just checked and I only got it last February. Ar5e! Think I will send an email to Dilog and see if they are ' measurably better'..... That's their slogan! I concur with you Ruston about the need for calibration. I did get it calibrated last April ok. Presumably it was within tolerances so nothing to try and adjust as it were.

Think I will have to, ahem, overcharge a few clients to get myself a Fluke or Megger!!

I think I may have mollycoddled mine by the sounds of it. Should have had it slung on my hip like you Eng!

At least my trusty MFT is ok.

If your clamp unit is just a month outside of it's warranty period, i would be inclined to get back in touch with Di-log customer services department and ask them what they are going to do about it...

If your clamp unit is just a month outside of it's warranty period, i would be inclined to get back in touch with Di-log customer services department and ask them what they are going to do about it...

Yep, an email will be sent. The calibration guy I spoke with today is a separate business to Dilog but it is who Dilog use. So it will be interesting to hear whether Dilog will address this. I used it maybe four different jobs in that period only. Cost around £150 at the time of purchase so somewhat miffed. Cheers.

Seems to be a common problem, 2-3 years ago I ordered a unit, it was faulty. The replacement unit was also faulty!

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I bought one of these less than 2 years ago but never used it. Tried it today as I have a tripping issue to investigate and the bloo** thing is not working.

Reply to Dilog dl6507 beware! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock