Discuss Dimmable GU10 LEDs? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RobSparky

Hi, i'm new to the forum and wanted to know everyone's thoughts on the best dimmable Gu10 LED at the moment. Doing up my kitchen and i thought we may as well try and be energy efficient with our lights as well. i currently have mains voltage downlights and i want to change the lamps in them.
any advice would be great!!
cheers in advance

Halers EVOLED are nice but very pricy with 7 year warrenty although they will probably last past 7 years they come in around £40-£50 per fitting good quality led 240 lamps are around £25-£30 without 7 year warrenty Iv fitted a few jobs wih them in commercial settings n they look good and are brighter than the samples of gu10s the guys had @ 8w a piece the greens are well happy b

Jesssss us!!!!

If your gonna come onto a forum and tread a fine line with what the moderators tell you then atleast have a workable website or even a brochure that has prices on!!!!

Very amateurish!!!!

It winds me up when you go to look at something and there is no price on it, I understand the reasoning behind it and usually the awful sales patter that goes with it when you call for a quote.... Give the price or we'll move on to somewhere else!!!! Well I will anyway!!!!

You can’t take a hint can you! This isn’t Peckham market place.

Sorry not referring to you Apollo but our persistent unwelcome friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts exactly Tony Dan has warned him already about this and in another thread he "Sails close to the wind" But hey w are all MEN in here ( ok some girls as well ) and most can spot this a mile off Personaly I was looking forward to a bit of advice on LEDs but not sales pitch every time

I dont "Promote" Halers I have fitted them and found them good hence I offer my opinion as an installer and end user Quiet a few guys have used and found them good quality especialy in the commercial ends of the market

It's come to the stage now Nu-Light whatever that as my granddad told me i wouldn't buy from him if it had gold plated bells on it and it whistled Dixie.

I'm of the same opinion about your LED lights. Mogga does not promote Haler, he just gives us his opinion of them and he likes them, I like to use Merin Gerin DB boards for commercial/Industrial applications, and if someone here asked what do you consider to be a good industrial 3 phase board I would tell them.

There is a difference

having broused your brouchure the products look ok BUT Id nrrd a fitting+lamp+driver and room to fit all of the above halers EVO is all in 1 nicewee box 2 cables connect Pop in sorted
merlin dbs are My choice as well malcom although I wish they (and everyone else ) would make the panels more "tester friendly" specialy when you have 20 + rcbo flyinf leads everywhere GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

At the risk of being censured, I’ve found your presence here today to be a pain. There are other sponsors to the site, we don’t have them constantly plugging their wares in posts. It’s been like having a stuck record on all day.

I for one don’t want to see you as a sponsor, but that's up to Dan.

Mr LED.

There is no 'gang culture' here as you put it.

We have forum sponsors who pay to advertise exclusively on the forum, which i am sure you can appreciate.

Therefore, if you wish to become a sponsor, please contact Dan, and he can help with any questions you may have.

I disagree with what you've said about us Arms members having different rules, trust me we haven't. If we say something that is out of order we get hit with the same rule book. Take up your concerns with Dan and not on an open forum. Seen as you are now a new member I'll be the first to say :welcome:

Reply to Dimmable GU10 LEDs? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net