Discuss Dimmable LED downlighters. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

rattlehead85

Can anybody advise on the following.
Have 4 5w led gu10 bulbs with a v pro series dimmer rated for low wattage lamps. The bulbs are dimmable but when the dimmer is switched on as soon as it is turned down the bulbs flicker badly.
Any advice appreciated.

I am surprised that you get that with the V-Pro series, they are the only one I have found to be consistently good.

I might expect that you have a faulty unit or there is a problem with the wiring. However the flicker is a common problem with many dimmers so it may just be the lamps are not compatible.
Are the lamps a specific make?

Can't remember the name if the bulbs but they were dimmable. Reutsher or something along them lines i think.

I do not know that make, but I would check that the lamps have not been packaged in the wrong box!
Other than that check the wiring, try some other dimmable lamps, try swapping out the dimmer for another one.

it seems this is the new problem.all firms dimmers seem to be different and dont work with some leds and do work with others. when you ring the dimmer control company they say ring the lamp company and vice versa . i've had some night mares with this
you have to buy 1 of all the dimmers and try them one at a time
wht the companies dont get together and sort this i dont know

The dimmer wont even let me go into its programmable mode so would i be right in diagnosing that this could be a faulty dimmer or one that has been subjected to insulation tests and put back in the box?

Reply to Dimmable LED downlighters. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock