Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Dimmer switch wiring LED Help request in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Alex Good

Alex Good New EF Member

I had an electrician out to do a few jobs one being fitting some dimmer switches. They all work fine apart from one.

There is no buzz coming from the switch as with the others, I can get him back to fix it but if its an easy fix I'd like to rewire it myself to save time.

Photo attached.

Thanks for any help given.

IMG_20181206_111107281.jpg

• Old Old x 1
  2. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

if you have paid him and not working correct get him back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Baddegg

Baddegg Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x Electrician's Arms

That’s a one in a million customer there.......

4. dksanders

dksanders Electrician's Arms

No buzz doesn't mean it's not working or right, in fact it's the desired end result. Does the light this dimmer operates work? It's the ones that do buzz that I'd be working to resolve, buzzing normally comes from a cheap dimmer, loose connection, incompatible dimmer etc.

If the light isn't working then it may be as simple as a faulty dimmer module but basic test equipment and knowledge would be able to prove if that was the case.