Discuss dimmers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
a house i just done the last few weeks, in the lighting circuits with 2 way dimmers , do you find if one dimmer is set low the other dimmer only goes to that range....

seems bull... is this the case

- - - Updated - - -

in your experience

yes, you do. generally you only fit 1 dimmer on a 2 way. there is a manufacturer that does dimmers where you can have both switches as dimmers, but i can't remember who. need some more of those anti-altzeimers pills. LOL.

kk, i thought was crap like...

it wont burn them out or anything will it..... long as they turn up to full when finished, should be fine...

Now having said this in my previous post i am not sure of their operation ie if the master dimmer is set then the slave may only go up to the set point of the master (which i suspect is the case)

it's crap, though. if 1 dimmer is turned down then joe bloggs gets up for a wee in the middle of the night and has to go downstairs in the dark to get the light on, tripping over the cat in the process.

only need to change 1 of them, or get the dimmers that will work with 2.

Reply to dimmers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views
Morning All Got little bit situation going on, causing multiple visits (luckily only 2 mins drive from where we are.) Client not 100% happy with...
Replies
Views
our dimmer switch stopped working after 7 years so went to replace it at the weekend. When I opened it up, the black wire was in the common slot...
Replies
Views
Hi, in my bedroom i had a 2 gang dimmer that powered 2 set of 3 spot lights and also had passthrough wires to other sockets. Im changing to just...
Replies
Views
My daughter is asking me if it’s possible to change her double light switch outside her bathroom to a dimmer. It’s a 2 gang switch that turns on...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock