Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Din rail connectors - Best place to purchase? & Hager Invicta in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. mikecx1

mikecx1 New EF Member

Hi all,

I'm wondering where people purchase their din rail terminal connectors from for extending consumer unit cables?

Also, has anybody had any experience with the hager invicta for commercial premises and if so, what did you think of it?

Thanks,

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  2. Taylortwocities

Taylortwocities Electrician's Arms

Any electrical distributor. Maybe even one of this forum's sponsors?

Maybe @Dan@Dan can advise?

• Like Like x 2
  3. mikecx1

mikecx1 New EF Member

Thanks Taylortwocities. At the moment I only need around 30 of them but the ones I received from my local wholesaler were of poor quality

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Andy-1960

Andy-1960 Electrician's Arms

Try Park Electrical in West Brom, they sell Weidmuller (Klippon) and are very good. They do a type called WDU4 which will accept up to 4mm2 cable.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

I just get them from my wholesaler, if you don't like the quality then ask for a different brand of connector.

Personally I dislike Hager DBs, I normally fit Schneider Acti9 DBs unless specified otherwise by the customer

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. mikecx1

mikecx1 New EF Member

That's excellent thanks all - ill take a look at the recommendations.

8. mikecx1

mikecx1 New EF Member

What are your views with regards to standard wago connections within a large metal enclosure to extend cables? (Sorry if this had been talked to death about, just interested in what you guys think)
    I'm of the opinion that if they're neat and tidy (and rated appropriately) that they'd suffice, it's just the general look of them and the lack of strain relief if not fixed.

9. patthehat

patthehat New EF Member

Do you need a metal enclosure to extend cables? I use Wago top job connectors bought from RS, easy to use, very neat and tidy. I find the time saving cancels out the cost and is much easier if there is a fault or addition etc as you can label the connectors circuits up. Standard Wagos are Ok if they accessible or in a suitable enclosure, but being old school they don't look best stuffed inside a box. Strain would be dependent on the position of the cables And JB but any potential strain be resolved by stuffing glands

• Like Like x 1
  10. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

Personally I have no issue with it, strain relief should be provided by using glands etc whatever type,of connector you are using. I usually fix wagons into a box with some thick double sided tape.

As to whether the box is metal or plastic it depends entirely on which is most suitable for the installation conditions.

• Like Like x 1