Discuss Diploma in Electrical Installations (2365) in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

GM18

-
Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking about starting a two year course at my local college, the course is Diploma in Electrical Installations 2365 (levels two and three)

My question is what else would I need to be a qualified electrician? I see so many courses available and I don't want to spend two years doing something that isn't going to help me gain full time employment in the electrical industry.

Thanks

what he said^^^^. once enrolledon the 2365, applyfor access to the trainee section. loads of help there for trainees questions.

The 2365 is what you need. Afterwards you can do the nvq including am2 then you are considered qualified. Some people are happy to never do the nvq but once you have the 2365 look at your 2391 testing qualification. Should serve you well in future

That is the route I am taking Gav, will probably do my 2392 before going for my 2391 though.

The 2365 is what you need. Afterwards you can do the nvq including am2 then you are considered qualified. Some people are happy to never do the nvq but once you have the 2365 look at your 2391 testing qualification. Should serve you well in future

So, you don’t need the NVQ to get work? Would it be better to get the NVQ level 2 after I’m done with the level 2 Diploma or stay on and go for the level 3 Diploma?

what he said^^^^. once enrolledon the 2365, applyfor access to the trainee section. loads of help there for trainees questions.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll do that!

That is the route I am taking Gav, will probably do my 2392 before going for my 2391 though.

What’s 2391? I don’t think my local college has that course. It’s weird that the 2391 is higher than the 2392. Do you need to be employed in the industry to gain that qualification.

That's what I did, I wasn't confident to go for the full 2391 so I completed the 2392 first. It definitely helped. Good luck.

How much of the 2391 was carried over to he 2392?

Sorry for all the questions guys and thanks for your help.

What’s 2391? I don’t think my local college has that course. It’s weird that the 2391 is higher than the 2392. Do you need to be employed in the industry to gain that qualification.

How much of the 2391 was carried over to he 2392?

Sorry for all the questions guys and thanks for your help.

The 2392 is fundamental inspecting and testing, it's only a level 2 course and it teaches you the basic testing procedures and is aimed at beginners and those who have never tested before

the 2391 is the level 3 inspection and testing course. City and Guilds had such a low pass mark for the 2391 they decided to revamp the whole qualification to make it easier. Essentially dumbing it down from what it was before.

It's now split into 3 separate courses

2391-50 for initial verification
2391-51 for periodic inspection and testing
And 2391-52 which is a combination of both initial verification and periodic inspection and testing

you can either do the 2391-50 and 2391-51 courses separately to gain the full scope inspection and testing qualification or do the combined 2391-52 course.

If you've never tested before or aren't confident then do the 2392 first and then the 2391-52 afterwards.

Thanks for the detailed response! It sounds like I should do the level 2 diploma and then the 2392 course. Then hopefully get a job in the industry and gain some experience before going for my level 3.

i did level 2 and 3 then testing 2394/95 and 17th got some experince for about 18 months, then got a job, doing periodics and the remedal work for a firm, best thing i done , still learning thou lol

Reply to Diploma in Electrical Installations (2365) in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock