Discuss Dis boards in inaccessible places in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
How many others on here who (Like me) are fed up of getting to a job only to find that some turnip has either boxed in the dis board so you cant get the front off never mind gain access or its been mounted in a totaly inaccessible place....

i find a crowbar is of benefit when it's been boxed in.

i find a crowbar is of benefit when it's been boxed in.
Went to a job in leeds today ...gets in to find for the umpteenth time that someone has mounted a wylex 6 way board such as you cant get a modulo driver to one of the screws (we needed to replace 2 redundent breakers for RCBOs...I mean whoever does this kind of crap must know............

....or the garage conversion with the DB on blockwork, walls dot and dabbed and beautifully plastered....so well in fact one cannot remove the (now flush mounted!) cover without spilling the mead from one's tankard. As Tel says, crowbar ( or maybe a large knife or padsaw in this case)

Yep but then its extra cost for the customer who i am sure in this case wont stand it.....same ols story.."well it was working fine before"..felt like taking the bloody fein to it today..lol.....

Yep but then its extra cost for the customer who i am sure in this case wont stand it.....same ols story.."well it was working fine before"..felt like taking the bloody fein to it today..lol.....
just to go off subject, i've just bought a 2nd hand fein ( 110v ) for £25. has not got all the blades. do you know a supplier fo blades without me losing an arm and a leg?

just to go off subject, i've just bought a 2nd hand fein ( 110v ) for £25. has not got all the blades. do you know a supplier fo blades without me losing an arm and a leg?

Last time I bought any I got them from powertoolworld . co . uk - that was about a year ago and they were competitive then, but haven't checked prices recently.

The board im working on today(the one with the ring problem..see post!) is in the Bathroom at the back of the bath at ceiling height!, I asked why this was the case and the customer said the bathroom was once the garage and they just didnt move the supply, Im only 5ft 5" and i couldnt put ladders in the bath so i lined it with camping roll mats and then a B&Q insulated loft board which gave me another 6".....perfect but my arms and shoulder are hurting as it was 11 ways and i had to extend 10 of them.

The board im working on today(the one with the ring problem..see post!) is in the Bathroom at the back of the bath at ceiling height!, I asked why this was the case and the customer said the bathroom was once the garage and they just didnt move the supply, Im only 5ft 5" and i couldnt put ladders in the bath so i lined it with camping roll mats and then a B&Q insulated loft board which gave me another 6".....perfect but my arms and shoulder are hurting as it was 11 ways and i had to extend 10 of them.
Don't tell me with a shower at the other end of the bath pointing straight at it! :banghead:

Only thing i can think of is ebay tel....but you will know that one for sure mate....i will ask though and if i can get em will let you know....

It as the same the other week....went to sort a lighting cable that they had nailed "it wasn`t me" they say...B0ll0cks anyway....dis board (3036) in the corner under the sink ...you could hardly reach it never mind see what you mere doing.....its not just awquard...its dangerous.........

Reply to Dis boards in inaccessible places in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net