Discuss Dishwasher need bonding? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CPM

Hello

Ive just fitted a new dishwasher and after finishing the tedious job of fitting the door cover etc The second manual states that it must be bonded. So I pulled it back out and there is a screw on the back in which to earth.

My questions are, does the dishwasher actually need bonding as its earthed in the plug? Also the sink isn't bonded, so if I bond the dishwasher to the water pipes, do I need to bond the sink? Or not bother?
The washer doesn't look to be bonded either.

Cheers
Chris

image.jpg
Its a Stoves S450DW
Here are the instructions, I feel like its saying its earthed to the socket but needs additional. The dishwasher which was removed was a Bosch which wasn't bonded but did have a box thing on the inlet water pipe (plastic pipe to washer)

Ah okay. I know it didnt say bonding but thats what I thought it meant.

So I should just ignore the screw with the earthing symbol.

I know these are probably daft questions but I aint done anything like this in years.

Yep, not sure why they'd provide a screw for supplementary earthing/bonding, just make sure the earth impedance (Zs) is within spec at the socket.

Reply to Dishwasher need bonding? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A friend of the family recently lost her husband to the big C so I need to be careful. Every small thing is sending her into tears so when her...
Replies
Views
Disclaimer: I'm not going to attempt this job myself, I want a professional to do this job properly since I consider it non-trivial and need it...
Replies
Views
I have had these lights installed by a contractor whose work is normally very good. He has not connected the earth in each fitting as there is a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an all-in-one washer/dryer unit and it is giving me error codes. I have the manual that describes how to test the various...
Replies
Views
Just had my design project handed back to me from my last block and I got everything right apart from one question Q9 I would take a photo but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock