Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Display drops out on SMA 3000TL-US, but inverter still outputs in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. NeilOrme

NeilOrme EF Member

My newest inverter has a strange issue - the display quits but the inverter still works.
    I verified the voltage/amperage when display was out, and it's still working.
    This doesn't seem to affect production, but the intermittent lack of a display is of concern.
    Also, the "today's output" is disabled when display is down, and intermittently the unit goes through a startup phase (ser num and the like).
    Maybe heat is the cause ? It seems to happen in the afternoon.
    Anyone have this issue before ?
    NEIL

2. gr7

gr7 Electrician's Arms

I have seen a failed display on SMA inverter with the unit otherwise working fine. If your inverter is under warranty I'm sure SMA will arrange for a replacement, they did with the one I dealt with in the UK.