Discuss Distribution board checks in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lc1

-
Reaction score
Hi
I have a question regarding switch boards and distribution boards. We have an existing switchboard and we want to use four spare ways in this to feed three new tp & n distribution boards. One for lighting one for small power one for security services. My question is what calculations have to be performed to ensure the new boards will operate from the existing switchboard?

Thanks

Thanks. It seems simple enough but what I not need to calculate prospective short circuit fault current and other parameters or am I being silly?

Thanks. It seems simple enough but what I not need to calculate prospective short circuit fault current and other parameters or am I being silly?

Hi - the protective device for the new circuits must still meet the requisite ADS time. So the usual combination of mcb rating and max EFLI need calc.

Hi
I have a question regarding switch boards and distribution boards. We have an existing switchboard and we want to use four spare ways in this to feed three new tp & n distribution boards. One for lighting one for small power one for security services. My question is what calculations have to be performed to ensure the new boards will operate from the existing switchboard?

Thanks
Are these spare ways, TP or SP?

Of course the normal cable calcs apply after you have worked out the capacity and demand.

Reply to Distribution board checks in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net