Discuss Distribution board tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 93172

Just a quickie, if the cut out fuse and head is rated at 63amp can you still use 16mm tails for a 6way board. The reason for asking is, I have to change a board in a old flush internal metal cabinet and there is next to no room inside due to the meter and cut out taking up most of the space, its probably possible to use 25mm with a bit of swearing and grunting but it won't look nice.

Hi Buzz, the max for a 60amp fuse is 15kva, the board is only supplying 2 x rings 2 x lights and 1 shower with diversity, I have just got so used to putting 25mm in not to sure if it is a must to not to use 16mm, you can,t get a bigger board in the cabinet.

Hi Buzz, the max for a 60amp fuse is 15kva, the board is only supplying 2 x rings 2 x lights and 1 shower with diversity, I have just got so used to putting 25mm in not to sure if it is a must to not to use 16mm, you can,t get a bigger board in the cabinet.
Why not use a skeleton board as these are actually designed to fit into the units? I hate seeing standard boards bodged into mantel units.

Why not use a skeleton board as these are actually designed to fit into the units? I hate seeing standard boards bodged into mantel units.
Hi Lee totally agree, that's why I am putting in the Wylex FALNH806, the reason of asking was that the meter and cut out are taking up most of the room in the cabinet, so 25mm tails make life a bit awkward.

Reply to Distribution board tails in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Has anyone fitted an SPD to a schneider standalone AFDD DB. Isobar P B Standalone Active distribution board, Acti9, 24 AFDD ways This board only...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’d appreciate views on the fuse board. https://ibb.co/xj0BtZt It’s been completely rewired and I’m unhappy with the quality. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
We had a new supply installed this week. DNO installed new cut out and fuse externally. Meter operator sent his engineer to move the meter in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock