Discuss Distributors earthing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Grayza

-
Reaction score
Hi, Came across this the other day when looking to quote for a CU change. I can't figure out how the installation is earthed. There is bonding to the water pipe. I didn't take the cover off the existing CU as it wasn't practical when I visited. Measured a Zs of 0.3 from a socket. Its a terrace house, so wouldn't think its a TT. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks
20180530_142546.jpg

No sign of an earth rod. You may be onto something regarding water pipe and next door.
Think I'll go back and take the cover off the existing CU, disconnect the bonding and test Ze to see what I get

be careful if you have quoted for a visit by the seal fairy on this job... I saw one of these once and the DNO were upgrading the cut out anyway, but they said just as well as were they going to pull the fuse they would have refused due to something amiss inside. The fuse looked like it had degraded around the ends and almost become joined to the holder.they would have cut the wires outside hot and rejoined afterwards.

May be a tncs, have you got a pic of cu with cover off? If you took it off?but get the customer to phone up supplier and request a new head (a little exageration say its cracked ) will get it changed pronto for you cu change.

Not sure how old the house is maybe 50's or earlier. I didn't take the cu cover off, as wasn't convenient.
I will get the customer to request a new head.
Cheers for the replies everyone.

Reply to Distributors earthing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views
I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
TNC-S main supply with 16mm swa supplying garage consumer unit from main consumer unit in house, then 4mm swa supplying pond equipment through...
Replies
Views
Disclaimer: I'm not going to attempt this job myself, I want a professional to do this job properly since I consider it non-trivial and need it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would like some advice on the below. Context: Rural French domestic installation TT system Earth rod is situated inside the property...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock