Discuss Diversity in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigd

Dear All,

I am trying to calculate diversity for an installation. The DB has a 60A main fuse. TT system. Small 2 bedroom cottage. Unable to get converted to TNS

At the present time I have the following circuits
Up ring 32A MCB (2 Bedrooms)
Down ring 32A MCB (Small lounge & dining room)
Up lights 6A MCB (4 x 60W bulbs)
Down lights 6A MCB (4 x 60W Bulbs)
Immersion 16A dedicated circuit (13A fused spur/switch) 2.4kW
Air source pump 40A (nominal 15A but has potential of high start current if temp below 0 deg C)
Airsource control 6A dedicated circuit

Adding all this up, even with diversity, is well in excess of the 60A main fuse. Is there anything I can do to reduce the diversity of this installation?

It may be worth noting the following:
1. That the immersion is a back up if the air source heater fails
2. Both ring circuits will be subject to very light loads

Cheers Dave

Dear All,

I am trying to calculate diversity for an installation. The DB has a 60A main fuse. TT system. Small 2 bedroom cottage. Unable to get converted to TNS

At the present time I have the following circuits
Up ring 32A MCB (2 Bedrooms)
Down ring 32A MCB (Small lounge & dining room)
Up lights 6A MCB (4 x 60W bulbs)
Down lights 6A MCB (4 x 60W Bulbs)
Immersion 16A dedicated circuit (13A fused spur/switch) 2.4kW
Air source pump 40A (nominal 15A but has potential of high start current if temp below 0 deg C)
Airsource control 6A dedicated circuit

Adding all this up, even with diversity, is well in excess of the 60A main fuse. Is there anything I can do to reduce the diversity of this installation?

It may be worth noting the following:
1. That the immersion is a back up if the air source heater fails
2. Both ring circuits will be subject to very light loads

Cheers Dave

I've not done any number crunching, but if the immersion is only able to be energised when the air source pump fails, and if the air source pump truly is 15A nominal, I get around 54A.

Reply to Diversity in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net