Discuss DNO application to connect for heat pumps in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BruceB

-
Arms
Reaction score
You are probably aware of these Forms A, B and C on the MCS site:
Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Heat Pumps
which we have to complete prior to connecting a heat pump.

I want to put the application in early on one of my jobs because it is a largish heat pump and in a village and I want to know early if network reinforcement is required.

A stuff of a lot of detail on power quality harmonics, voltage fluctuation and flicker is required. I got straight through to someone sensible at Kensa who is filling it in and sending it back. Nibe just puts me on hold with muzak so have sent a request to an anonymous 'info@...' email address.

Where is everyone getting this info. I cannot believe all these forms are being done individually by the manufacturers. Have any of the other masnufacturers already published the data?

EN 61000-3-2 and EN 61000-3-3 can only apply to equipment below 16A per phase. So for instance a Kensa single phase 16 kW twin compressor heat pump operates with a running current well above 16 A. Therefore EN 61000-3-11 and EN 61000-3-12 apply to it and all the detail is required.

That's how I read it anyway.

From Form A
Use this form to apply to connect new or additional heat pump equipment rated up to 75A per phase that complies with two specific standards that cover power quality – EN 61000-3-2 and EN 61000-3-3

Reply to DNO application to connect for heat pumps in the Solar Thermal Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock