Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss DNO application to connect for heat pumps in the Renewable Heat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. BruceB

BruceB Electrician's Arms

You are probably aware of these Forms A, B and C on the MCS site:
    Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Heat Pumps
    which we have to complete prior to connecting a heat pump.

I want to put the application in early on one of my jobs because it is a largish heat pump and in a village and I want to know early if network reinforcement is required.

A stuff of a lot of detail on power quality harmonics, voltage fluctuation and flicker is required. I got straight through to someone sensible at Kensa who is filling it in and sending it back. Nibe just puts me on hold with muzak so have sent a request to an anonymous '[email protected]' email address.

Where is everyone getting this info. I cannot believe all these forms are being done individually by the manufacturers. Have any of the other masnufacturers already published the data?

2. jason121

jason121 Electrician's Arms

If the heat pump is compliant to EN 6100-3-2 ns 6100-3-3 and less than 75amp it will be ok jus put down the KW rating

3. BruceB

BruceB Electrician's Arms

EN 61000-3-2 and EN 61000-3-3 can only apply to equipment below 16A per phase. So for instance a Kensa single phase 16 kW twin compressor heat pump operates with a running current well above 16 A. Therefore EN 61000-3-11 and EN 61000-3-12 apply to it and all the detail is required.

That's how I read it anyway.

4. jason121

jason121 Electrician's Arms

From Form A
    Use this form to apply to connect new or additional heat pump equipment rated up to 75A per phase that complies with two specific standards that cover power quality – EN 61000-3-2 and EN 61000-3-3