Discuss DNO hook up in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SimpleSimon

Hi Guys

Have installed a new CU at clients house. The new CU is on the other side of the building so all circuit tails have been moved. On Tuesday the DNO are coming to install a new supply and meter on the new CU.
I've tried to call the them to ask what exactly they want from me on the day of hook up. I've done an EIC to the best of what I can do, but can't do any live tests until they come and switch on.
Has anyone else had similar experience? I just want to be prepared for the client.

Simon

Hi Simon,

In a recent domestic installation where the property was derelict, the DNO wanted to see an EIC (dead tests) along with a schedule of the installation with CCU hung and meter tails left out for them to connect. DNO was SSE.

For a commercial one, they wanted a metal clad main isolator with the SWA feeding the DB glanded along with EIC (dead tests) and installation. DNO was EDF

wow.
generally i connect the tails into the cutout and tell them to let themselves in and crack on as ive better things to do than wait for them to decide to turn up when they want.
each to their own i suppose.
everythings always working when i get there?

Thanks gents.

Sounds like I'm set. All I've got to do is move the earth electrode from old CCU to new CCU. (and remember to test earth electrode resistance. )

Thanks for your help guys.

DNO came in, saw my EIC put a meter in and cleared off and left it to me. It was a nightmare job, but thats a different story.

Reply to DNO hook up in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock