Discuss DNO response to request for isolator in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My customer calls the DNO today to ask for an isolator (he wants want to do things properly and is worried about a fuse pull as he has a smart meter!?) he gets passed from pillar to post, in the end gets through to a department who state that they will not fit an isolator but will come and pull the fuse, let me replace the CU and then will come back when I am finished, test that my work is safe, andif so at that point will put the fuse back in!:)

Customer said to them, the electrician said it may be more trouble then it is worth and if so is happy to pull the fuse himself, they then informed him that the call was being recorded and that pulling the fuse is an offence! Big Brother is watching....!

Not sure will check tomorrow, he sounded more worried than I was didn't pay much attention, mentioned three weeks and at that point I switched off.
I had EDF out just before xmas installing a meter on a new site temp and had the discussion about pulling the main fuse etc and he told me that they won't fit a isolator but will come to site in the morn and pull the fuse and come back in the afternoon to seal it up again....He then said or just do it yourself like 99 out of 100 electricians would :)

better call the fairy in the first place. no problems with smart meter it will treat it as temporary loss of electricity, those things happen every now and then...

I had my DNO upgrade my Fuse and then my supplier to upgrade my tails and had them fit an isolator (supplied by me) in the new tails. They were happy to do that.

Did he phone the DNO or supplier? As the DNO are usually quite happy and coherent about response to such a request whereas the supplier is usually quite the opposite.

Reply to DNO response to request for isolator in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock