Discuss Dno in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Markc

-
Reaction score
I have a question this time!

I have had to make application to the DNO for the allowance of a 8Kw PV system. I may as well talked to my 5 year old as he knows more about microgeneration than the useless girl on the phone!

Has anyone here made an application to the DNO and how did they go about it? Were they forth coming with information? I'm dealing with EDF but until I can get to talk to someone who knows what a Microgeneration is I may be a bit stumped.

Any helo greatfully received.

Thanks Guys

Mark

Hello Mark c , I know how you feel we've got two Dno's in my area .Central networks and Sp manweb .Sp were fine but other 's clueless, tried to find an address for G83 notification, no joy so rang them, after speaking to nearly everyone there they sent a form for G59 application which looks very complex, requiring full design info from designated Engineer for the applicant company, eventually got what i needed and was told that they don't publish application/notification forms for the public (who are they for then?) and they won't accept any format other than the above ????:confused: so how do you apply then??

We've had inquiries for similar size jobs but will wait until we've done more jobs but I'm wondering whether it'll be feasible if we have to pay an Engineer's fees also been told you need a G59 qualified electrician to connect to grid, approx cost 3k per day .

yes but if your install is below 16A per phase you are working to G83, G59.

I think i will beome a G59 electrician now

yes but if your install is below 16A per phase you are working to G83, G59.

I think i will beome a G59 electrician now

That's exactly what I'm now looking into! G59 one day top up course but I can't confirm the qualification is recognised.

it will almost certainly come, but whther there will be a recognised qualification is entirely a different matter (plus the cost!)

we had an email from ecoskies about G59 course but have'nt any details as yet might be worth approaching, although i've been on their site theres little detail on it

Hi Mark C,

In my short experience of DNO's - it seems that EDF are poorly set up to deal with microgeneration. Southern energy have a bit more of an idea and have sent me a comprehensive list of pdf's which need to be completed for application (must admit can't remember if PDF's include G59 as it was a few weeks ago). I can e-mail these to you if you like? Not sure how you do this via this website but and happy to do so.

Reply to Dno in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net