Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss do I need to test my equipment?? in the PAT Testing Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. mattcpc

mattcpc Guest

Hi all
    I run an AV department and have alot of electrical equipment none of it is used by customers or the general public and it sits in situi. i'm not sure if they need testing and gov web sites arent much help. hope someone can help.

cheers
    matt

2. SirKit Breaker

SirKit Breaker Guest

See my reply on your last post.

Cheers.........Howard

3. K-PAT

K-PAT Active EF Member

Hi, if any of the items are used by any member of the business for any purpose on the business premises, then they fall within the scope of the H & S regs which insist on them being maintained in such a manner that risk to users is eliminated.Obviously , how you do that is up to you, but PA testing is probably the most cost effective way.

4. PASS Ltd

PASS Ltd Guest

Legally you just need to ensure that you have a maintenance program in place which could involve a full test or just a visual inspection although your insurance company may stipulate that you should have them tested periodically with a certificate on hand. I'd check with the insurance company first just to make sure.