Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Do voltage convertors convert cycles? in the Non UK Electrical Works area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. symagi

symagi Guest

Hi, Im waiting for a machine from China to arrive to Canada, and here is my question, machine will be 220V 50Hz, and currently in Canada its 110V 60Hz, so most converters i can find in Canada have no problem doing 110V > 220V, but it seems they all give 60Hz anyways, is there a way to convert cycles as well? If no, can my machine work on 220V 60hz instead of 220V 50hz as manufacturer stated?

2. symagi

symagi Guest

Noone?

3. spinlondon

spinlondon Trusted Advisor

In the UK, our supply is 50Hz, and our problem is obtaining converters that will increase the cycle rate to allow us to use North American spec machinery.
    It might be better if you ask your question on an American Website?

4. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

isit not between 50hz and 60hz or is every item differnet

5. RogertheBodger

RogertheBodger Electrician's Arms

6. johnboy6083

johnboy6083 Band Member Trusted Advisor

if the machine is a based around a normal squirrel cage motor, then it should run fine on 60hz, but it will run faster. That may be a problem, if your machine is designed to run at a certain speed.