Discuss Do you have a website? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Londonsparky

Do you have a website? How many people visit it a month? How many calls from your site? Interested to hear some responses as I'm starting my own websiteTom

Ive already got a website and am currently doing some Seo for it eg I'm number 2 for electrician in tiptree but my site traffic is very low and hardly receive any phone calls just wanted to know how everyone was finding, how many Uniques they get of them unique visitor how many call etc I currently get like 150 views a month with like 10-15 calls resulting in 5-10 jobs

I've had a website for about 15 months now and I've had 3 enquiries from it!

Having said that I think people use it when they get my leaflet/card to see where I am, what I do, etc.

Like having logo'ed polo shirts & jumpers, I think its a must these days.

Ask a question for your self :-Are you happy about the website which you own its has just given you 3 response from last 15 months its not worth your efforts & also for the ongoing cost.its just harming your business then getting profit, its time to traffic your website the best way is to just Re-wamp it.

I mean redesign it with more functionality & a way for a new success for your business...Cheers

About 65% of my business comes from repeat customers and referals so I'm happy.

Don't believe that having a tip top website will get you loads of work, because it won't, most people want a tradespeson through local recommendation.

Effective marketing is all about generating profitable leads, from a variety of sources, within your budget.

okieh ..its good to hear that 65% of repeated customer & referals.

Now don't you need a new customer.... what about the rest 35% of the new population just imagine you getting a new client & a customer will help you in your profit for your business by just modifying your excisiting website ,
Rather then opting variety of sources & you spending lot of money behind the advertising which is loss for your business Best way to cut down is getting your website on higher ranks of Google,Yahoo,Bing & other Local search engines ...

Have a think about it......

Cheers

HasinTaj, you sound like one of the 5-10 phone calls a week that we get from SEO companies promising first page google 'reservations' etc. what are you selling here?

Londonsparky, just accessed your website using safari on a mac. A few parts of it don't display correctly, and it takes a long time to load. Don't use this guy offering conquer-the-world services, ask around in your area - someone will know a youngster doing computer studies who will tidy it up for you for a few quid.

I totally Understand where you are coming from "SIR" i m sure you must have a bad experience of Telecallers or Seo companies.who promise diffrent things... about the website
they fail to keep up the promises....its there way of working no comments on them ...

Well ....This was general Discussions just to help business people WITH THERE QUIERIES with there non performing website.With no intention of Wrong things.....

So you are trying to sell something then?

In my opinion, a good website designer has an excellent grasp of spelling and grammar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a website for about 15 months now and I've had 3 enquiries from it!

Having said that I think people use it when they get my leaflet/card to see where I am, what I do, etc.

Like having logo'ed polo shirts & jumpers, I think its a must these days.

Exactly same here.....3-4 enquirers..... just see as necessity really to give off the right image :builder:

Having our website updated lately, started out just doing PAT but now as fully qualified about to advertise as complete electrical contarctors. Get a lot of traffic to the website by using meta tags in the background.

www.whites-electrical.co.uk

When you mean unused, you mean keywords?
Just run analytics yesterday to have a look all where traffic is coming. Yeah say getting 2-3 calls a day, then have to turn them into sales. Had a single search from Salford Manchester last week that was turned into a sale.

www.whites-electrical.co.uk

Reply to Do you have a website? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock