Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss do you have pv on your own home if you are instaling them or not in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. davetherave1979

davetherave1979 Guest

Hy guys do you have pv on your own home if you are instaling them or not just wondered if you do.

2. Noshocks

Noshocks Guest

Yes, 8 x 235w with aurora 2000 inverter

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
  3. SRE

SRE Trusted Advisor

Yes and many of our customers pop round for a look and a coffee :)

4. infinity

infinity Electrician's Arms

YES 14x ET solar 250W with eversolar TL4000, obviously gave myself a little discount ;)

5. davetherave1979

davetherave1979 Guest

was just wondaring was thinking about getting mcs but im still not sure if i fitted panels to my roof and did all the wiring am an electrician can a nouther company issue me a mcs cert

6. Gavin A

Gavin A Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Leeds Solar
    yes,but only a 900Wp system as we'd already filled our biggest roof with solar water heating panels a few years ago.

7. dansk

dansk Electrician's Arms

Yes a little 1.44kwp, BP and Stecca inverter (well it was the first i did) and i cant fit anymore on as its only a small roof, wish i could get 4kwp on.

8. solarsavings

solarsavings Electrician's Arms

yep 3.2kw of pv and 70 solar thermal tubes.

9. BruceB

BruceB Electrician's Arms

Yes, 36 x Sanyo HIT-N240SE10, 18 facng south, 18 facing north on a shallow outbuilding roof as the main house is listed and conservation officer does not want anything on main south facing roof slope.

10. t4sltd

t4sltd Electrician's Arms

small east facing roof with chimney (for wood burner) to South; 2 x Sanyo 250 and solar hot water system

11. JD6400

JD6400 Trusted Advisor

I have 3.84 kw of pv and a thermal solar array as well , both due south.
    Would have gone 50 kw but out in the sticks on a single phase supply !

12. whinmoor

whinmoor Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Medoria Solar
    I have a 2kWp system on the front of my house which stands on quite a prominent street junction so all the approaching traffic gets to view our handiwork. We used it for MCS and virtually every visitor, whether interested in PV or not, gets "the tour".

13. SolarRoofSols

SolarRoofSols Regular EF Member

No - East/West roof with a 60 degree slope on the west and a Dorma on the East and build up on both sides. Wish I had an inkling about solar when I brought the house! We have them up at our office so people can take a look though!

14. MorganPVI

MorganPVI Guest

Yes, 3.84kwp just off South. All our employees have full roofs as well

15. hopkins85

hopkins85 Guest

Yes. Installed every one else's before doing my own. Done it Saturday. 1.38KW 6 x ET Solar 230W poly. On a Ever solar TL1500.
    Facing South West 25 degree pitch.