Discuss do you need a visa to work in france in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jonesy83

may have a job coming up in france should only take a few days work nothing in concrete yet just need to know if a visa is needed cheers

The EU provides for free movement. I neither agree with the EU nor free movement, but clearly a visa is not required.

You will need some paper same as eastern european need Home Office Working Registration Scheme here in Uk I guess you need similar paper in there.

To legally work in France as an electrician, you must be registered with the Chambre de Metire and have a siret no. Also you will need third party liability insurance and decannal insurance (10 year guarantee ins).

Without the siret no, you will not get the ins coverage, and as an indication of cost, mine costs me just under a 1000 euros a year.

Hope this helps

Problem is a lot of people arrive in France and decide that they can be electricans. I have lived here for over 6 years and have seen some great installations. The number of people who belive they can wire up their french home using UK sockets etc. I know a few people who are now having problems because they are trying to sell and their installation is failing the elctric check that is now required.
Take Victor advise, and be legal, even if it is a a rewire on your own home you have to provide 10 years guarantee.

Reply to do you need a visa to work in france in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've been asked by a few people if I could do a few electrical odd jobs for them or people they know. Nothing major or notifiable but...
Replies
Views
Hi! I am a soon to be qualified, but not authorised, electrician in Sweden. I'm not quite sure how comparable it is, but certification is done...
Replies
Views
Currently I’m using freeagents platform for invoicing and it’s decent and gets the job done but it’s lacking a few features. Firstly I want to be...
Replies
Views
I've come to a decision, I just cant do work anymore that involves mad stuff, for example today - 2 bed flat that's had fire damage, someone has...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock