Discuss docs orders limit to spark work! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
after latest visit to cardiologist they put me in for surgery and implanted an internal heart monitor, and i may have to have an ICD (Implanted Cardioversion defibrillator)
doc said i can do some electrical work but absolutely no live work at all(even low voltage)
and i am limited to what welding i can do as well:mad:
so i guess all i can do now is train people.

after latest visit to cardiologist they put me in for surgery and implanted an internal heart monitor, and i may have to have an ICD (Implanted Cardioversion defibrillator)
doc said i can do some electrical work but absolutely no live work at all(even low voltage)
and i am limited to what welding i can do as well:mad:
so i guess all i can do now is train people.
Not funny, Cardio Version is it I had a procedure whereby they stopped my ticker and restarted it, touch and go for a while, best get your teacher's hat on Mate, or should I say Miter Board and Cape, that is if you understand what those two items are, being from over the pond, anyway whatever you decide all the very best.

I guess then I'll talk to the local school and see if they need a trades teacher!
at least I'll be able to start the kids on the right path.
I can keep a class interested easily (and thats no easy trick for most teachers)
If you have time take a look at "To Sir with Love" an oldie but goodie for a rookie teacher, Sydney Poitier stars brilliant 60s film.

A hard and inconvenient situation to have to address.
I hope the life change required can go through with a minimum of distress and that it may turn out to be beneficial in the long term.
Good teachers are hard to find, so you could be enhancing the lives of many others.
Hope all goes well.

A hard and inconvenient situation to have to address.
I hope the life change required can go through with a minimum of distress and that it may turn out to be beneficial in the long term.
Good teachers are hard to find, so you could be enhancing the lives of many others.
Hope all goes well.

if my teaching drums the fact of safety first and to think before acting then i can have confidence in their learned skills.
I had one apprentice who was dyslexic, Ittook a little more work but well worth it. she's a top notch spark now

heres the website of the monitor,
Heart Monitors - Reveal LINQ ICM System - https://www.medtronic.com/us-en/patients/treatments-therapies/heart-monitors/our-monitors/reveal-linq-icm.html

anyhow The wifey told me I have to spend a little more time fishing to relax more (really I think its to get me out of her hair for a while):D
With my troubles, my Mrs asked me give up Carp fishing, in case I fell in as the lake I fished was a bit wild, as in remote, can't blame her really.

Drinking isn't a good idea as I expect medication is needed along with the ICD.
Decent alcohol is fine as it can thin the blood and help with the the flow of blood around the arteries, drinking 4 cans of Bud Light would be useless and a waste of money though....... as its tasteless tat.

Drinking isn't a good idea as I expect medication is needed along with the ICD.
i don't drink a lot anymore (probably 1 or 2 mugs of beer a week if that and usually its with a good dinner)
now back in the days of the navy i could drink whiskey like it was water! (and quite frankly its a wonder i didn't suffer liver damage)

most of my fishing any more is fly fishing with kids they get to learn and i get quite a few good laughs
OK if you have company I guess, but my style was up at sparrows F--t no one around , Misty lake peace and quite, such a pity I had to give up.

i know its hard for some people to understand the peace and quiet.
when we went camping i would get up aroud 5:30 to 6:00am and after getting the cookfire started i would sit and fish while it was quiet.
and enjoy a good cup of coffee as well!

Reply to docs orders limit to spark work! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net