Discuss Dodgy Telephone Sales People in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sparksters

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know about a call I had the other day and to see if its common. Before I start, I get calls from all sorts of advertisers all the time telling me that parting with £50 will turn into hundreds of pounds worth of business all the time and I don't believe any of them but am quite happy to send them on their way knowing they are just doing their job.

Last week I had a call which riled me, it was from a guy who called up claiming to be working with the police against rogue traders and cowboy electricians in the area (even though I have nothing to be afraid of, I was immediately on the back foot) - he then said I have nothing to worry about because I had been recommended to him locally. I asked who by and he couldn't name who. I asked more about who he was working for, he said it was a police backed community scheme that recommended good tradespeople. I would need to pay them to get on this scheme.

I asked the guy to send me his details but nothing has come through. I Just wonder if anyone else has had dealings with these people, and if they are kosher or not? I get so many of these calls I am so cynical of them but this one in particular didn't sound right because he tried to sell it by his links to the police, which when I pushed him on were flaky.

Anyway, if someone has any info I'd be interested to hear.

Thanks!

police safeguard magazine, forresters fund for children, fire and rescue magazine, police now, NHS directory, east durham policing partnership magazine, professional trades magazine,

etc..... all normally sold by a scouser on the end of a phone!

Yeah I've had this phone call before, same thing with them being from the police.
I have heard of the magazine (Safeguard) and thought it would be good.
I sent them the money for what I believed was for a year (£160 inc VAT). Very pleased with the magazine issue that they sent me.
Although 3 months later I had another call where they wanted £170 inc VAT for another 3 months. I said I would think about it, but as times are though at the moment I decided that I shouldn't bother as I haddn't even had an equiry.
So I phoned them and told them this, and was basically told that it was over the 7 day cool off period and that I had to pay.
I told them that legally I have 14 days and wound be cancelling all contracts with them. Them then said suit yourself and hung up.

Anyway a snotty email later from myself and I haven't had any contact from them since.

I would say don't bother with them. Find another way to advertise

I tried to advertise in a local mag cost me £125 and got a £60 job not complaining had to try it also got 2 sided flyers (5000) for £65 now I can target my customer and it has paid back 10 fold plus I dont expect to get a call just after I pop it in the letterbox instead they keep a hold of it and I can be called out of the blue 1-or2 months after. The only thing I have noticed with these guys is they are constantly telling you the speil that it is good for business when you know the majority of people who get it put it in the bin

police safeguard magazine, forresters fund for children, fire and rescue magazine, police now, NHS directory, east durham policing partnership magazine, professional trades magazine,

etc..... all normally sold by a scouser on the end of a phone!

I upset said scouser he got a bit upset with some of my comments (won't go in to it NOT PC) so I told him to "calm down"....... Don't think that helped much

I upset said scouser he got a bit upset with some of my comments (won't go in to it NOT PC) so I told him to "calm down"....... Don't think that helped much

did you have to keep repeating yourself. " calm down calm down"

also was the line not very clear, interference every time he spoke?

you're lucky to get scousers selling . i usually get indians, broken english, calling every day.

Reply to Dodgy Telephone Sales People in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock