• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! Beware plumbers!!! - EletriciansForums.net

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! Beware plumbers!!! - EletriciansForums.net

That was the fastest Sticky Thread in history! This should be fun for all of us. (ps I like your rules DW)

This is a house I was working on today, came across this. One word describes it,,,,,, FAIL

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! 20150321_102843 - EletriciansForums.net

Just after taking that I knock a full box of washers and screws behind the cooker and had to pull it out to get them. Needed them or would not have bothered.

Great thread, post them pictures up lads.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! 20150321_102843 - EletriciansForums.net

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

this had been arcing for a while in a pub, couldnt have that i shuffled some circuits around to get the pumps back on in the pub.

wouldnt bother me, ill drink ale,bitter,lager or cider

Last edited:
Not electrical but still made me chuckle this was a builders handy work who was doing a few jobs while I was doing some electrical jobs,
Spot the mistake!!

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! 20131011_083254 - EletriciansForums.net

What the hell did they use to hold it up in the first place? Bluetack

(sorted out the pics for you btw Guv)

Had their rep come down to sell their wares and all looked good but the product codes were wrong with what they demonstrated. they stated one code was rated at 40k per fixing when it was actually 20k. the fixing had a part that clips through unistrut (now known as the weak link) under load it just pulled through and once one had gone there was no stopping the rest running away. The 40k version actually just omits the unistrut clip and the wire is just sleeved and looped through a hole.

Had their rep come down to sell their wares and all looked good but the product codes were wrong with what they demonstrated. they stated one code was rated at 40k per fixing when it was actually 20k. the fixing had a part that clips through unistrut (now known as the weak link) under load it just pulled through and once one had gone there was no stopping the rest running away. The 40k version actually just omits the unistrut clip and the wire is just sleeved and looped through a hole.

It is not even carrying that much weight by the looks of it. A lot more cables to be installed going by the amount of basket and tray. Thank god it happened when it was still a building site and not a functional building!

It is not even carrying that much weight by the looks of it. A lot more cables to be installed going by the amount of basket and tray. Thank god it happened when it was still a building site and not a functional building!

Definitely, imagine if it was fully loaded, it was only having a suspended ceiling below it and that was the main exit route with a lot of foot traffic planned and it came down on them, Big claims#!!!!!!!!

That could have turned out to be the biggest cause of electrical death whilst exiting a building the UK has ever seen. Hope that company gets their nuts and bolts sorted out for the next project.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! flex5 - EletriciansForums.net

This is what happens when a welder doesn't have his return clamped properly and the 400amps uses the turn table supply earth to return on.... note how its burnt out in its twisted core design.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! 20130522_170023 - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! 20130522_103613 - EletriciansForums.net

This is why welding is a massive danger to the integrity of the buildings circuit and equipotential bonding... it can destroy the earth to many circuits leaving them live and exposed in some cases. Many a death has been attributed to poor welding set-ups of the years.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back