Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Back at the DIY disaster again today.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

The classic home made maintenace free joint box.

Step 1 Leave existing metal back box in the wall.

Step 2 Remove all cable grommets and ram in new cables so they can snag upon entry.

Step 3 Use 20A wagos to connect ring final circuit and load. Remember to cross the load and ring neutral over.

Step 4 Cut the back from another metal back box and screw up tight

Step 5 Use a marker pen to put an MF label.

When finished with the ring do the cooker next.

Its a new one for me.

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20190227_083808 - EletriciansForums.net

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20190227_084533 - EletriciansForums.net

As above, hope the worktop is due for replacement as part of the job.

tragedy here is his chisel has broke a tooth off.

God will appreciate the care you took!
Nice job.
PVC trunking installed on the front of a church.
View attachment 48257
New submain cable installed more discreetly alongside existing supply cable.
View attachment 48258

Not much angle on that ladder, I take it that you adjusted 4:1 before you ascended.
I think that was the angle of the ladder Jacob saw with the angels ascending and descending. Mind you, they weren’t carrying battery drills!
(Sorry Lord for my flippance)

God will appreciate the care you took!
It hasn't happened yet, been working with great care in 2 churches for the past month, every time I go to work outside it pours down, took several attempts to fix that cable to avoid the wind and rain!
Not much angle on that ladder, I take it that you adjusted 4:1 before you ascended.
The angle is more than it looks in the photo!

Last edited:
The classic home made maintenace free joint box.

Step 1 Leave existing metal back box in the wall.

Step 2 Remove all cable grommets and ram in new cables so they can snag upon entry.

Step 3 Use 20A wagos to connect ring final circuit and load. Remember to cross the load and ring neutral over.

Step 4 Cut the back from another metal back box and screw up tight

Step 5 Use a marker pen to put an MF label.

When finished with the ring do the cooker next.

Its a new one for me.

View attachment 48241

View attachment 48242
I’m just wondering wat was in the other MF backbox

This is at a local plant nursery. The circuit is fed in 2.5mm T+E from a house to an outbuilding across an unsupported span of about 6m. In the outbuilding this is split in the back of a 2 gang socket with four 2.5mm cables going to various parts of the nursery. One of these cables is in the pictures below. Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG 1 - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG 2 - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG 3 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock