Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ok just to update I carried out an "insulation resistance test " :) across all cables and the lowest reading was between line and earth 545 meg at 500 volt so ok for now . Not sure what damage the water will do to the cable over time but just looks ruff to me .Thereis no mechanical protection where it leaves the conduit and goes into the duct. It's in one of those places that will probably be used as a store so a potential for the possible damage to the cable in the future.

Pvc is not waterproof just water resistant. Water is a solvent and will eventually penetrate the cable.

Ok just to update I carried out an "insulation resistance test " :) across all cables and the lowest reading was between line and earth 545 meg at 500 volt so ok for now . Not sure what damage the water will do to the cable over time but just looks ruff to me .Thereis no mechanical protection where it leaves the conduit and goes into the duct. It's in one of those places that will probably be used as a store so a potential for the possible damage to the cable in the future.
The grey sheath is the cab;es mech protection, but I get your drift.

Pvc is not waterproof just water resistant. Water is a solvent and will eventually penetrate the cable.
Thanks westward . The circuits are on rcbos so I'm sure they will start tripping when the pvc breaks down . I will report my findings .
[automerge]1592920738[/automerge]
The grey sheath is the cab;es mech protection, but I get your drift.
Yes your right .I should of said the cable is not suitable for the environment

Personally I'd have glued a socket cover in to the socket until it was sorted. Finally, a use for them!

I particularly like the bit of red wire jammed in the L and N to stop it being used,
The red wires are attached to the plug pins/back plate that is still inserted in the socket, the wires would normally be connected to the PCB of whatever cheap charger was there and has now parted into two pieces. If the socket is switched on the wires would become live. Surely it wouldn't have been difficult to pry the remains out of the socket, it would have taken less time than printing the sign!

Couple of years ago we (family) moved into a local authority rented property.

Having small children around, I expressed my concern about use of latch bolt on bathroom door (i.e. could lock themselves in and no way to get them out wihtout breaking down the door)
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Bathroom door latch befor - EletriciansForums.net

Not a problem, they sent out a 'joiner' to fix, came back from work to see this.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Bathroom door latch temp fix1.JPG - EletriciansForums.netDodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! Bathroom door latch temp fix2.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Give them credit where credit is due they had sorted out the problem with the lock - turns out they didn't have all the right parts to hand at the time, so this was 'just' a temporary fix. Thankfully it did get sorted many weeks later - even managed to get new doors out of it :)

That's a serious point. I recall that as a toddler we had an outside loo - with a bolt to lock the door. I could only just reach the bolt - and when I came to unlock the door, I found it was really stiff (think door that's dropped a little so the bolt is misaligned with the keeper).
I guess I remember that incident because I struggled to get out, going from "oh dear" to tears and thinking I was stuck quite quickly :eek: I did eventually manage to get the bolt back, and I suspect I never bolted the door again :rolleyes:

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock