Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Some joints I found in our kitchen. I thought the junction box buried in plaster was bad but then found some lovely 'twist it on and bury it in plaster under the wallpaper' ones. Luckily they had been disconnected years ago. There was tape round the twisted joints at least. Also one of the boxes had a nicely crafted laminate cover over the front Lol

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20160819_175317 - EletriciansForums.net

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20160901_175903 - EletriciansForums.net

Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 20160901_175915 - EletriciansForums.net

I got a call from a customer who was moving house. They wanted their 1950s range cooker disconnecting so they could take it with them. I asked them when they had the feed installed once I had picked my jaw back up. About a year ago apparently. Lets have a run down:
  • Cable used was a 10mm 4 core SWA stripped down to the bedding. No cable supports used at any point. Cable enters the metal cooker switch with no grommet.
  • Circuit taken from the incoming meter tails. No way of isolation apart from the DNO fuse, no overcurrent protection. Doesn't matter though as it went through a RCD so it must be safe. A spare way was available, as was an unused 6mm cooker circuit that was presently being used as a socket next to the cooker.
  • All meter and fuse seals intact. This must have been dabbed in LIVE !!!
  • No testing, certificate, or notification.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 2016-09-05 18.01.57 - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 2016-08-24 17.56.48 - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! 2016-08-24 18.04.25 - EletriciansForums.net

I was shown the guy's card left with the customer. Electrician with 25 years experience apparently. What an absolute joke.

I got a call from a customer who was moving house. They wanted their 1950s range cooker disconnecting so they could take it with them. I asked them when they had the feed installed once I had picked my jaw back up. About a year ago apparently. Lets have a run down:
  • Cable used was a 10mm 4 core SWA stripped down to the bedding. No cable supports used at any point. Cable enters the metal cooker switch with no grommet.
  • Circuit taken from the incoming meter tails. No way of isolation apart from the DNO fuse, no overcurrent protection. Doesn't matter though as it went through a RCD so it must be safe. A spare way was available, as was an unused 6mm cooker circuit that was presently being used as a socket next to the cooker.
  • No testing, certificate, or notification.
View attachment 33379 View attachment 33380 View attachment 33381

I was shown the guy's card left with the customer. Electrician with 25 years experience apparently. What an absolute joke.
itworks, dunnit? :confused:

The socket straight on the wall jobby was throughout downstairs. Rising damp was really bad. The owners electric bill was £600 per quarter. He has no TV computer, Internet, Electric cooker just one or two lights on at night. After fixing all the probs in his house the bill went down by £480 per quarter and that was just part way through the quarter. I expect a lower bill for a full quarter. Needless to say the client is overjoyed as he had been paying these exorbitant bills for years. Massive leakage through out !

Scary stuff Vortigern. Daz.

Ok last one just had to get it off my chest due to trauma at seeing and not even able to tell the customer how bad this is, just fixed and gave the bill. They will never ever know /sigh
P.S. rotate to left
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! IMG_2205.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Fairly recent work, that was provided with a certificate!
Cable joints under plaster, no grommets, poor earthing, exposed single insulation , incorrect use of joint box etc.
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! P1000557.JPG - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! P1000558.JPG - EletriciansForums.net Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! P1000559.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock