Discuss Dodgy website - “element lighting” in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,
Hope this doesn’t contravene forum rules, but thought I should send out a warning. I think I have been scammed by a dodgy website:
https://www.elementlighting.co.uk/

The Website seems fine. A month ago I ordered over £200 of track lighting for a job and I’ve been chasing it ever since. The phone number goes straight to a mailbox, the emails are either not answered, or answered with an unhelpful sarcastic reply. And having been promised delivery again, I still have nothing.

So I checked out trustpilot, and sadly there are lots of other people with similar experiences, most of whom still don’t have their goods, or a refund.

Elementlighting is rated "Poor" with 4.1 / 10 on Trustpilot - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/elementlighting.co.uk

I generally only stick to well known internet suppliers, but sometimes a customer wants something quite specific and you have to take a chance on an unknown website. Well next time I’ll check out trustpilot FIRST (or maybe I’ll let the customer order the stuff direct!)

Element lighting - dodgy!? Anyone else used them?

Did you pay by credit card or Paypal? There is some protection using these methods over debit or BACS

Might get your money back

Debit card..... you live and learn. Apparently there is a scheme with some banks where they can ‘chargeback’ and recover the money. I’ll have to give them a few more weeks before I can start this process though.

I have made one order from them seven months ago and did, after three weeks, get part of the order, the other items were discontinued as I was advised two weeks after ordering. Not really useful for a business service.
I hope you get a good result in the end.

The biggest issue I find with ordering stuff online isn't getting it. It's getting it replaced if it goes faulty.

With my wholesalers it's generally a case of ordering a replacement and sending the faulty item back for a credit, internet orders it's nothing like that simple.

Weevilward. I have experience of successfully recovering money from such organisations. Contact me off the site by email and I will help you through the minimal legal paperwork. There is a set procedure to follow in advance but it usually makes things happen once they know you are serious. The Eastern European antiques dealer who tried to screw me over ignored my claim for £500 ended up paying £2500 plus having a CCJ registered against him and his business

An update - after a bit of pressure, the goods finally arrived. The Megaman LED lamps that should be included in the kit were all missing, when I raised this with Element Lighting they have offered to credit back, but I have yet to see it.
So, whilst I would still strongly recommend NOT using this website, I thought it only fair to update that at least on this occasion, most of the goods arrived (after about 2 months...)

Reply to Dodgy website - “element lighting” in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock