Discuss Does a co2 meter work for me in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

guduru.karthik

hi, i have been living side of the road , and i noticed that due to high traffic during the peak hours, my neighborhood is filled with pollution and then it stays for a longtime. the pollution created is causing high health problems like respiratory problems during nights and evenings and i was wondering if their is a way i a=can make some measurements so show and explain the problems to the councilmen. i have looked up the interned and found a extech co2 meter, will this do the job?

Have you tried calling the environmental health department ? They will have appropriate equipment to deal with this I would have thought.

hi, i have been living side of the road , and i noticed that due to high traffic during the peak hours, my neighborhood is filled with pollution and then it stays for a longtime. the pollution created is causing high health problems like respiratory problems during nights and evenings and i was wondering if their is a way i a=can make some measurements so show and explain the problems to the councilmen. i have looked up the interned and found a extech co2 meter, will this do the job?

What does Wikki think??

please search for co2 in google -> go wiki page-> scroll down till you see a human picture on left side. all this is because i cant post links as im new to this

Agree with Andy. Whatever readings you personally take will be meaningless to the authorities. You need to get together with your neighbours and ask the environmental health officer to look into it. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of thousands of people living adjacent to busy roads, and I can't really see what you would expect the authorities to actually do, short of banning traffic near your house.

from his OP i asssumed "living by the side of the road" meant he was living on a bench next to the road.

even i do agree with andy and you too.. i have tried to contact environmental health officer and looks like the process is taking more time .. that is why we came up with this buying a co2 meter solution .. as they have few of them which automatically load data in to the meter and take be transformed into a computer and get all this info and then go the environmental health officer/ the councilmen.

Have you tried calling the environmental health department ? They will have appropriate equipment to deal with this I would have thought.

That reminds me of a few years ago when Newcastle council parked a mobile air quality monitoring station on Princess Square and were horrified to find very high readings of pollution. Then they noticed they had parked it directly above a lorry parking area .......

Thank your lucky stars your not living in Bombay or Beijing, you'd have something to complain about then!! ...lol!!
Try complaining to anyone in local government in either of those 2 cities and i know what the answer would be!!

Reply to Does a co2 meter work for me in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net