Discuss Does a Rewire of Bathroom Have to Have Extractor Fan Installed for Regs? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Novice12

Hello,

I recently had house re-wired which included bathroom.

While the wiring for an extractor fan / isolation switch for one has been installed no actual extractor fan has been. I was wondering whether this is required to for the Electrician to sign-off/for regulations?

(My builder initially told me it would be done as is necessary for regs but hasn't been done).

Thanks

Did it have one installed before? Is it part of a major refurbishment of the property? Does the bathroom have a window?

PS This builder of yours doesn't seem to be on the ball :)

Hello,

I recently had house re-wired which included bathroom.

While the wiring for an extractor fan / isolation switch for one has been installed no actual extractor fan has been. I was wondering whether this is required to for the Electrician to sign-off/for regulations?

(My builder initially told me it would be done as is necessary for regs but hasn't been done).

Thanks
Was it the builder, or a qualified Electrician who did the wiring? What, if any electrical certificates has the builder issued?

Novice12, I see by your first post on this forum, that you have purchased a 1960's built house. As raised by another forum member doubts are rising (Murdoch), but you are suggesting a builder has been into your property & carried out various alterations. You also seem to be posting various thread asking advice on what has done, is correct within 'regulations'.

Now I might be wrong, but I have a suspicion that either you or some 'friends' have done this work, and your wondering where you stand with building control etc. Time to come clean?

Edit grammer

Did it have one installed before? Is it part of a major refurbishment of the property? Does the bathroom have a window?

PS This builder of yours doesn't seem to be on the ball :)
There wasn't one there before.
Work he's done is first-fix refurb (fitting bathroom suite not part of this first-fix)
There is an opening window in bathroom.

Thanks

And my point, does the builder exist? I'm prepaid to be shot down in flames if incorrect, and I'm not just on about the bathroom fan. Honesty is the best policy

And my point, does the builder exist? I'm prepaid to be shot down in flames if incorrect, and I'm not just on about the bathroom fan. Honesty is the best policy
He exists. Not trying to pull wool over anyone's eyes just trying to find out if my concerns are justified or not.

My advice:

Email your concerns to the builder and if necessary "halt" any payments until you get proper and decent answers .... in writing.

Sounds to me you've got a builder who goes to work on a horse!

Your profile says "south east" - can you be more specific? If you are near me I would happily come and give a professional view FOC..... as it can be too late to pick up issues once the monies have paid and the builder has disappeared!

Right OK?[/
My advice:

Email your concerns to the builder and if necessary "halt" any payments until you get proper and decent answers .... in writing.

Sounds to me you've got a builder who goes to work on a horse!

Your profile says "south east" - can you be more specific? If you are near me I would happily come and give a professional view FOC..... as it can be too late to pick up issues once the monies have paid and the builder has disappeared!
Thanks very much.

He says will do the extractor now so hopefully all should be fine now.

Am in Hertfordhshire.

Thanks very much.

He says will do the extractor now so hopefully all should be fine now.

Am in Hertfordhshire.
Make sure he issues an Electrical Installation Certificate EIC on coplettion of the job

Hi,
I take it LABC is Local Authority Building Control. I thought that if self-certified LABC is not involved, is this not the case?

Quite correct but your posts don't inspire much confidence in the people you are using and the ethics they employ.......

Reply to Does a Rewire of Bathroom Have to Have Extractor Fan Installed for Regs? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock