Discuss Does this pricing for kitchen sound right? Jobs in London in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Abruno

Does this pricing sound right for a kitchen rewire London
8 spot lights x £60 point
1 heat detector £70
outside lights x 3 £210
oven 6mm supply £200
hob supply 6mm £200
fridge freezer supply £60
dishwasher supply £60
extractor supply £60
5 double sockets £480
aerial point with only means of somehow connecting to living room virgin sky box £100
additional consumer unit not adding to existing consumer unit £350 with cert
making safe existing electrical cables in area at the moment
All materials supplyed and fitted with metal switches and double sockets £2,270 all in sound right?

I can't question the design too much as unsure which accessories youre having but possibly could put oven and hob on one supply which would lower the cost a little.

Unsure of prices in London but the sockets seem a little expensive, that could be normal for London.

The price for the consumer unit is good, I assume your earthing arrangements are up to scratch, probably worth asking before work begins to avoid extra costs.

Overall it doesn't seem ridiculously expensive to me. Possibly on the high side but only just and again London prices are likely to be higher than outside.

Thanks for reply's. I am an Electrician. Had a quick glance at the earthing arrangement and it looks ok the under stairs was completely packed full of boxes, tn-s system with gas and mains water equipotential bonding in place. Yea i'll be using high quality flitting no cheap stuff and will most likely put and 8 way consumer unit in place with all rcbo's. So i think the total price is reasonable and future proofing the job as the utility eventually needs rewiring and maybe a future garage supply which will be in the new consumer unit

Forgot to say yea possibly could put the Hob and Oven on one supply. But he has not got any defanate ratings of appliances yet. Definitely an electric Hob and a large size oven combined grill so could be pushing the capacity of the 6 mm cable. But until he gives me the applicance specs we shall see

Seems sound as you are using higher quality stuff. If you were using cheapo then id reduce the skts and general points to around £50 per point. Always a decent idea now to tott up materials cost + your guarantee % markup then work out how long it will take you and multiply by your hourly rate.....Hopefully that should give you a figure close to what you had worked out using the price per point way.

Does this pricing sound right for a kitchen rewire London
8 spot lights x £60 point
1 heat detector £70
outside lights x 3 £210
oven 6mm supply £200
hob supply 6mm £200
fridge freezer supply £60
dishwasher supply £60
extractor supply £60
5 double sockets £480
aerial point with only means of somehow connecting to living room virgin sky box £100
additional consumer unit not adding to existing consumer unit £350 with cert
making safe existing electrical cables in area at the moment
All materials supplyed and fitted with metal switches and double sockets £2,270 all in sound right?
480 for 5 double sockets sounds very expensive m8

Forgot to say yea possibly could put the Hob and Oven on one supply. But he has not got any defanate ratings of appliances yet. Definitely an electric Hob and a large size oven combined grill so could be pushing the capacity of the 6 mm cable. But until he gives me the applicance specs we shall see

I would normally put separate supplies in kitchen refits like this, maybe a bit OTT, but when they want to fit the latest and greatest unit later, it can be easily added...

Reply to Does this pricing for kitchen sound right? Jobs in London in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net