Discuss Doesnt make sense in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Alimadni

I Replaced a bulb holder and placed a tubelight fitting. Its old school wiring so reds n black on loop ceiling rose. After the initial headace the tubelight in the basement with other lights work but the top two floor lights donot come on. Even the circuit breaker doesnt trip. The whole house lights are on one circuit breaker. I opened all switches checked it with tester shows the current is flowing. HHHHEEEEELP

Last edited by a moderator:
Check neutrals. You can still get a voltage indication although not a full 240v indication if the neutrals are disconnected but this will stop the lights working as there is no circuit.

missed a connection on the outgoing side of the last working light. screw clamped on insulation or broken termination.

Reply to Doesnt make sense in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views
So this is a long one.. The other night my dehumidifier turned on and suddenly everything in 2/3rds of the house began cycling on/off and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, New to this site but have been doing DIY electrics for about a year now. I'm looking to upgrade the lighting in my living room to...
Replies
Views
Here's a weird one that's suitable for losing my forum virginity... The villain of the piece is my stair head light, which went out one evening...
Replies
Views
I had an odd one today. I was investigating a problem with a light that was not working. As it turns out, it was multiple loose connections...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock