• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss doing 2394/2395 need help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

GN3 is your must know publication, and be sure to read the question properly and use correct terminology.

like stantheman said, those reports really helped me pass this time (failed in december)

you need to digest GN3 as they only want the answers from that book, not wot you already know or a mate said. i failed to put enough detail into my answers and assumed they would already know the circuit was isolated before testing, well that didnt help. its impossible to tell you wot to expect, just go over GN3 but make notes each time you do, i find re writing it as i read it helps it go in??!!

as it says in those chief examiners reports, try to allow enough time for the larger pointed questions, and dont sit dwelling on a 2 pointer, for ages. say 15 mins for 15 points, 2 mins for 2.

good luck mate

dont fall into the trap of doing loads of 2391 past papers it has totally changed there is no easy way to pass anymore , as said GN3 and on site guide , i sat my 2394 a few months back not had results yet but i dont think i passed as i focused on testing to much when studying for it and the test was more to do with inspection , good luck

just passed the 2395 couple weeks ago , only "difficult" part is the written just read up on GN3 and the regs book , past 2391 papers are available but be aware 2395 is periodic and 2391 and both initial verification and periodic so be carefull dont get wrapped up in the wrong Q's

Reply to doing 2394/2395 need help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back