Discuss Domestic Consumer Unit Exchange in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I've got a bit a problem with my Achilles heal, think it might be a tear but not sure, could be a strain, anyway was thinking of cutting my leg open and sewing it back together, anyone got any idea of the best tools to use? Surely can't be that hard , just cut it open, stich together, maybe a bit of grip fill ?

These forums get a little bit painful at times,
Any way Perry macro, call a professional, stop being tight and get the job done properly

This must be a HMO conversion...

I've got a bit a problem with my Achilles heal, think it might be a tear but not sure, could be a strain, anyway was thinking of cutting my leg open and sewing it back together, anyone got any idea of the best tools to use? Surely can't be that hard , just cut it open, stich together, maybe a bit of grip fill ?

These forums get a little bit painful at times,
Any way Perry macro, call a professional, stop being tight and get the job done properly
£5 says I'm right.
Can't be a wind up, I'll buy you a cyber pint if it is

The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.

Nothing! Nothing at all. It's just so...errrm ah forget it. It is fine. @KEV 1 N

Yes.......it is fine:)

Hello, I am currently working on my own house. Im not a stranger to electrics and can do the basics. I am a little bit weird in the way I want to re-wire my house. I basically want separate ring main and lighting ring for most of the rooms in the house.

So I'm going to need a large consumer unit. So I've been looking at a 21 unit which will do nicely and be able to have some over for the odd bits or add ons i may need. what unit will i need to get is there a cheap website i can go on and buy my own MCB because I'm going to need more 32amp than they supply and same with lighting. which is the easiest way to do this? is there anything specially i need to buy i know with the new regs its a metal CU but other than that I'm blind.
I see NASA sending a monkey to mars to build a hut .its not you is it!

Because i want to be able to turn of each individual room if needed. when i was little and had been naughty my mother used to turn off the electric so i could use my TV. but she had to turn the whole of upstairs off. so i thought on my house for my children i would already have this in place and be able to just turn that room off LOL
Just do what my dad did....cut the plug of my TV!....in the end there was only about a foot of cable left on it!!

@Perry Macro

While the forum does support help for DIY we stop short on giving advice on such projects that you wish to undertake, this will be notifiable and unless you provide confirmation that you are competent to do such work then the thread is closed, over the years I have come to the realisation that members who claim to know the basics who have had no formal qualification tend to be the ones that install dangerous installations due to ignorance of the regulations and the requirements of the likes of part-P, the best advice has been given already and is to either get an electrician in to do the work or alternatively have you work overseen by a competent electrician and checked during installation and tested after.

@Gavin John Hyde

I have removed your post as we like to keep a certain level of respect for members privacy, please do not post additional details/links (to that which they provide themselves) of any member without exclusive permission, thankyou.

Last edited:

Reply to Domestic Consumer Unit Exchange in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock