Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss domestic cut out, help needed in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. benieb

benieb EF Member

Hi,

I have some properties that need have been fitted with new supplies. The metering people turned up with the fuses but no carrier and told us that they dont supply the carrier. UK power networks are saying that they dont supply the carrier.

is there someone that know who is responsible for suppling them? or do you know where i can but the carriers from?

many thanks for your help

2. steamboatwilly

steamboatwilly Electrician's Arms

I'd have thought that the network suppliers provided the carrier? Down here in Cornwall this is Western Power, though on my work they've also supplied the fuse as well. This is the result of the crazy fragmentation of the supply network. You'll not be able to fit the carriers yourself.

In saying they're not responsible did they not say who was? Sorry, don't know your area I'm afraid.

3. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

hemel hampstead i guess

4. sparks1973

sparks1973 Regular EF Member

or hempstead Trev..lol...

5. londonlec

londonlec Regular EF Member

UKPN will supply the fuse carriers.