• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Domestic Electrician - New but looking for Electrical Work in hemel hempstead in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Reaction score
Just requalified as an electrician after a long time.

My background is IT and telecomms.

Now Self employed doing domestic minor works. qualified 2382-15, 2393 & 2392-10

Would be willing to be part of a team, I've got wheels, tools and test equipment.

Please let me know if you need another set of hands.

My current experience is limited as i have not been a trading electrician for some years.

Since getting re-certified it's just been very small jobs, additional socket, replacement of switches/light fittings etc

I am a very capable diy skilled person, good with all general tools and jobs.

I am a conscientious installer and proud of a good job.

Last edited:
With your current qualification and experience level I don't think you should be passing yourself off as an electrician, not to employers nor private customers.
Just my opinion, but you might get better luck in finding employment as a trainee or electrician's mate.
Last thing you would want is to be chucked in the deep end and be expected to cope.

With your current qualification and experience level I don't think you should be passing yourself off as an electrician, not to employers nor private customers.
Just my opinion, but you might get better luck in finding employment as a trainee or electrician's mate.
Last thing you would want is to be chucked in the deep end and be expected to cope.

That's what I said in my post

Go steady ladies. He does say in his thread title he's ready and willing, I take that as willing to learn.

Sub as a mate or something perhaps would be the way to go as SE already?

Don't make sense, how can you re-qualify ? you was either and electrician or was not in your earlier years. Those Cert's do not make you qualified either. Core Qualifications are needed to becoming Qualified. I've got three trainee's from 20 up to 28 years old working under me and they have all completed Core Qualifications up to Level 3 and now heading towards their NVQ's and the AM2 to become Qualified Electricians.

He has said hes just asking to be part of a team so maybe he's worded a bit wrong but please go easy now lads we've said what we can.

Reply to Domestic Electrician - New but looking for Electrical Work in hemel hempstead in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net